Does Magnesium Help You Sleep?
Published at: 30.06.2022 15:40
Magnesium may help improve insomnia symptoms. It plays an important role in your nervous system, via activating mechanisms that quiet and calm you. It may also help relieve anxiety and depression, which can mainly interfere with sleep which means improves your sleep.
What can make you deficient in magnesium?
Magnesium is widely distributed in plant and animal foods and in beverages.
- • If you are not getting enough magnesium in your diet, you are at
- risk for a deficiency
- • health conditions such as diabetes, poor absorption, chronic
- diarrhea and celiac disease is associated with magnesium loss
- • Certain medications such as chemotherapy drugs and proton pump
- inhibitors lead to magnesium deficiency
Is magnesium better for sleep than melatonin?
Magnesium and melatonin are two of the most popular supplements which improve sleep. The mechanism of action is different in both supplements. Magnesium can help with relaxing and calming your body, while melatonin will directly lead to hormonal changes that can cause you to fall asleep.
What are the benefits of magnesium?
- • Magnesium may help regulate blood pressure.
- • Magnesium improves sleep
- • May help to reduce migraines
- • Strengthen your bones
- • Promote heart health
- • Boost exercise performance
For those who don't want to take supplements, some foods naturally contain magnesium. They are:
- • Leafy greens
- • Avocado
- • Figs
- • Bananas
- • Whole grains
- • Legumes
- • Nuts
Magnesium is one of the important minerals, so make sure to eat a balanced diet.
Weather mg can interact with other medications
Yes, magnesium can interact with some medications, and body conditions.
- It can interact with medications like antibiotics, muscle relaxants, diuretics, and heart medications.
- During pregnancy, periods consult your doctor before taking the supplements.